May 23, 2007

Just Jott It!


Here is my quick "evangelical" post for the week--

This week I discovered the coolest new communication tool. It's been fun experimenting with Jott, a mobile note taking and hands free messaging service. I find it fascinating how communication techniques are quickly blending together.

Here's how Jott works:

  1. Sign up online. (It's free!)
  2. Call the Jott phone number 1-877-568-8486
  3. Speak your message
  4. Jott then translates your message into writing and sends either an email or a text message

How handy!

My favorite is Jotting myself. I can send reminders to myself and have them waiting in my inbox.

Instead of texting while driving, Jott can translate my messages and send text messages for me. (Washington state just passed a law prohibiting text messaging while driving by the way.)

Also, Jott allows you to send text messages and emails to groups. Record one message and everyone receives your message at one time.

What I love the most is that I don't need my laptop. I can now easily send emails and texts with my cell phone--hands free.

It just makes my life a little easier.